Within the ERA-NET BiodivERsA 3 Project “Agro-ecosystem diversification: digging deeper”, we offer a three-year postdoc position (E13 TV-L FU 100%) located in Berlin. Deadline for application: January 2, 2017.
The position is to carry out research on soil fungal ecology within the framework of this joint project. Using different agroecological sampling sites the diversity of fungi is to be assessed, inclusive of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Central to the project is the link between biodiversity and multifunctionality in agroecosystems in Europe. High-throuput sequencing (Illumina MiSeq or others) is to be used, together with more classical methods. A central process-level variable is soil aggregation.
Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in ecology, soil biology, microbiology or other relevant field. In addition we look for the following:
- Experience with high-throughput sequencing, ideally of fungal communities, including pertinent bioinformatics
- excellent knowledge of English
- good knowledge of statistics with R, especially pertaining to the analysis of community data
- basic knowledge of soil ecology, fungal ecology and/ or agroecosystems
- willingness to do fieldwork, and a driver license
Please send all application materials (cv, list of publications, ideally copies of diplomas/ degrees) in one pdf per email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Rillig-biodiversa” in the email subject line. All applications received by January 2, 2017 will receive full consideration.